Leadership doesn't require talent, just commitment.
We admire those people who demonstrate the traits of natural leadership; those who can move groups with their poise and presence. Part of why we admire these people so much is because it seems so rare, so hard to succeed in doing what they do.
It can be intimidating to be in charge. We don’t always choose that responsibility. That doesn't mean we can't chose to excel.
For those people who are called to serve, excelling is all about study and thought, not about god-given talent (or lack thereof).
I’ve been there. My passions and interest in making a difference has put me in a position where I needed the help of others, and had to guide them toward common goals. It really doesn’t matter what you are setting out to do – sound practices make the journey easier.
I found that thinking about what it meant to be a manager, and reading and studying the best practices of accomplished leaders, I could develop skills that would carry me toward my goals, and the goals of my team.
Studying organizational development, team building and communication develops skills that make better, more efficient teams. I hope some of the resources that I have grown to respect and develop will help you as well.
- Leadership Articles
- Leadership articles are the morsels of knowledge that help you develop as a successful leader. Finding the theories or strategies that speak to you will help hone your individual style.
- Leadership Toolbox: Leadership Styles
- There are different leadership styles and knowing which form is the most effective for your situation can benefit you and your team. Here is a description of the most common leadership styles and when
- Leadership Theory: How The Science Can Improve Your Leading
- Leadership Theory is the more academic study of what makes leadership work. By studying this, we can develop into more well-planned teams and leaders that will reach goals and maintain strong groups.
- Leadership-Toolbox: Leadership Development Resources
- Leadership Development is a process that requires some work and a few useful tools. This article will outline some of the resources you can use effectively in your leadership development program.
- Leadership Toolbox: Management vs Leadership
- Managing and leading are not necessarily the same thing. By learning about management vs leadership and committing to make the jump from manager to leader, you can take your team to new heights.
- The Characteristic of Leadership - 7 Important Traits
- Great leaders share the characteristic of leadership. Here are seven traits that define the people who lead their teams to success, and how they can be applied to shape a successful team.
- Contact Us
- Get in touch with the people behind Leadership-Toolbox.com
- About Leadership-Toolbox
- Learn about the mission and writers of leadership-toolbox.com.
- Leadership Toolbox Blog
- A collection of thoughts and resources for developing as a leader.